Sunday, September 29, 2013

I'm reading the heart of Christianity by Marcus J Borg. I remember being entirely confused a few months back when I began to read it, since I just read quite a few books by Rob Bell. I had to put it down until I felt like my faith wasnt being tested and challenged, given that there was very little faith in me. The fact of the matter is, as believers we need to be challenged. We need this in order to answer questions. Why do we believe? Because we have faith. But is that enough? Be aware that believe is the same as belove. We need to belove our creator. I can't answer all the hard questions, but I can tell you that the holy bible is sacred, and was inspired by our creator. It is also worth mentioning that this holy book is both historical and metaphorical. Each story is connected to one another, and each story one of us can find a lesson or a situation where we can identify ourselves. Let's forget about pointing the fingers for what is sin, and let's wonder who He really is, and why we are here...

No comments:

Post a Comment