Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I didn't expect to see you again.

It had been years where your eyes looked straight into mine, with rage you said goodbye. Goodbye forever.

Several months of heartache followed.

Years of shame followed.

I missed you. All of you. For a long time. A knot in my throat formed when I heard you screamed my name across the street.

There you were... with a smile on your face and a ring on your finger. My heart felt similarly to the day I began to move on. It didn't quite sink in my stomach as I know it would have, had I seen you a year after we went on our own ways.

That's the thing about time. It's incredibly healing. Not to mention God, and his never ending love. With you, I lost my dignity, and a beautiful piece of art that I had just painted, but I gained my freedom and I can spend my life living these regrets, but I chose not to. Thanks to that particular moment.

As a symbol of letting go, I skipped rocks in the lake and so it was... our past and present completely turpentine with the power of forgiveness. I wish you the best.

Forgive to be forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment